Matterport lets you see your building and infrastructure in new ways. You can now plan and design in realistic 3D. Giving you a much more detailed and accurate view into how your space is configured, the platform shows you where improvements can be made, and additionally, ways to enhance productivity and collaboration.
With our capture platform, you can capture your building in photo-realistic 3D to get more accurate and detailed information. Therefore, helping to increase ROI, reduce costs, and save time.
Facility Planning & Design
First, let’s discuss is facility planning and design. This platform allows you to capture existing conditions before beginning the design phase. Therefore allowing you to replace time-consuming manual measurements with a 3D point cloud or OBJ files that can be imported directly into your BIM software.
- Design modifications and upgrades into your 3D render to see how things will work before beginning construction.
- Capture dimensional data to document structure, above ground utilities, and equipment.
- Eliminate hand-drawn sketches and reduce the time it takes to deliver floor plans.
- Improve collaboration between distant teams with a digital twin accessible from anywhere in the world.
Optimize Equipment Installation
Another exciting element is the use of a Virtual Factory Layout (VFL) to measure between objects and see a flawless arrangement of the facility. Consequently saving time and money by eliminating equipment clashes and changing orders due to inaccurate site plans.
- Scan spaces and import into CAD/BIM software.
- Perform retrofits and remodels for specific sections of your facility.
Create Equipment Inventory
Create a visual record of the assets you have on hand. Use MattertagsTM to label equipment with digital tags to document repairs, maintenance, and training information. Easily share with your maintenance personnel.
- Eliminate hundreds of documents needed to locate and keep track of maintenance data.
- Find all relevant information to where specific machinery is located without having to depend on other personnel.
Share a 3D walk-through of your facilities with new or visiting employees so they can quickly understand your space.
- Allow new employees to find their way around an office or facility quickly and easily.
- Educate new employees on complex facilities — especially in hard to reach or potentially dangerous areas.
Emergency Planning & Response
Increase situational awareness for employees and first responders in case of an emergency.
- Use Matterport to create complete schematic floor plans, plan emergency routes, and response strategies.
- Train employees and provide superior visibility to first responders in the case of emergency.
In short, using Matterport’s new platform and software for your next project, you can plan and design in realistic 3D.