If you haven’t already hired a professional photographer to shoot your listings, you should really think about doing so. There are some real estate photography facts that might shock you or influence your future decisions.
Check out these 15 real estate photography facts you need to know.
- Firstly, buyers spend 60% of their time looking at listing photos, and only 20% each on the listing description and agent description. (The Wall Street Journal.)
- Secondly, homes with high-quality photos receive 47% higher asking price per square foot. (cbsnews.com)
- Thirdly, 83% of buyers cited pictures as very important. (investordetails.wordpress.com)
- It’s important to point out that you only have two seconds to grab the buyer’s attention without a photo, and 20 seconds with a photo. (marketleader.com)
- Also, homes with professionally photographed pictures can sell for up to $19,000 more. (marketleader.com)
- Agents who outsource photography earn twice as much commission as those who do not. Only 35% of agents use professional photographers. (inman.com)
- Use a 10mm lens for wide angles of small rooms to make it look as spacious as possible, without distorting too much. (massrealestatenews.com)
- Listings with professional photographs sell 32% faster, spending only 89 days on the market compared to 123 for other homes. (PR Newswire)
- Only 15% of listings have high-quality photography, with half of over $1 million listings using low-quality photos. (The Wall Street Journal)
- Beware. Listings below $300,000 don’t necessarily sell faster with better photos. (The Wall Street Journal)
- Next, listings with professional photos receive 118% more online views. (IMOTO PHOTO)
- Consequently showing that professional photography can help sell your listing 39% closer to the original listing price. (IMOTO PHOTO)
- Homes with professional photos get 61% more views. (REDFIN)
- Listings with high-quality photos can gain anywhere between $934 and $116,076 more on the market. (The Wall Street Journal)
- Homes listed between $400,000 to $500,000 sell 18% better in the first six months with high-quality photography. (REDFIN)
What’s your experience selling homes with professional photography? Let us know in the comments!