Whether you work in architecture, engineering, or construction, you’ll be able to streamline documentation, 3D scan as-builts, and collaborate with ease. With Matterport’s 3D photography platform, you can also reduce costs and help save the most precious commodity: your time.
Matterport’s 3D data platform is the most powerful, accurate, and quickest way to document a building or property. With a compatible camera, you can capture anything from small to large spaces — both inside and outside — with the highest level of detail. Design and construction with 3D photography technology becomes infinitely easier.
Capturing As-Built Construction
Matterport’s 3D data platform automatically stitches all your data together and lets you export your data easily, saving significant amounts of manual work and time.
- Create 3D walk-throughs and virtually take anyone immediately to a site or location.
- Generate OBJ files and point clouds for as-builts and construction documentation.
- Export your point cloud into ReCap® or Revit®
- Perform remote inspections, measure while offsite, and reduce site visits by capturing all data the first time.
- Communicate key milestones quickly and effectively by eliminating travel time and by sharing and annotating in the model to get sign offs.
Capturing As-Built Construction Cont.
- Replace thousands of photos by capturing all imagery and data at once, and save time by eliminating the need to document, arrange, and label photos.
- Get reflected ceiling plan images and schematic floor plans.
- Eliminate registration markers or manual alignment.
- Have scans automatically registered and stitched into a textured mesh in hours.
- Capture spaces that are accurate within 1% using a Matterport Pro2 camera
Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Incorporating Matterport into your BIM process can help reduce virtual design and construction costs and help you win more bids.
- Easily share and render within Revit® and other BIM tools.
- Scan tight areas 10 — 15 times faster than with a typical LIDAR scanner.
- Overlay your point cloud onto your BIM model to conduct verification.
- Take measurements in difficult to access areas such as pipes, trusses, and ceiling beams.
Matterport can not only help with architecture, engineering, and construction with 3D photography but with real estate sales, and 3D Virtual Tours.